Monday, September 20, 2004

Crossroads '04

Grace Baptist Church's first Crossroads youth retreat was held this weekend. It was a great weekend of getting to know new people and growing closer to the Lord. Kelvin Hood and Al Cabral were the speakers and brought forth wonderful messages to the youth and leaders alike.
The hight of the activities for the weekend were the go-cart races. Everyone has their helmets on, they run to what they feel is the best cart. The carts are started up then let go. The water is flying from an early morning rain and causing the use of caution because of the ease of spinning out on the slippery track. I would most likely be biased to say who won, but me and Steve were bumping and squeeling our carts together for most of the race. The most un-nerving part of carting is when I was in my car driving home I almost felt like I was back in the carts and needed to have the gas pressed all the way down the whole time. Thankfully I quickly remembered that is not the case before too long.
I feel the Lord truly blessed all that was done over the weekend.

Jon

No comments: