I'm excited, I finally have my blender here in Fredericton so I put it to use this evening. I think I have just made one of the best smoothies ever, it's delicious. I call it the global smoothie (despite missing a few key ingredients to be truly global). Basically I was clearing out any fruit that has been sitting around for a few days. If you want to attempt this smoothie here are the basic ingredients
- Fortified rice milk (vanilla flavored-could use regular or soy milk)
- Grapes (a couple good handfulls)
- Kiwi whole (just remove the stems at the ends)
- Apple (cored)
- Cranberries (good hand full)
- Carrot (one good sized)
- Yogurt (a good splash)
- Frozen Fruit mix (peaches, mango, wild berries, pineapple... adds a nice chill)
- Honey (a good squeeze)
- Flax meal (heaping tablespoon- thickener, adds Omega-3 and has a hint of a nutty flavor)
- Dragon Fruit (if available- I unfortunately didn't have any)
I just need something from Africa to be truly Global...
What else would make a good smoothie? I know a lot of people like bananas in the mix, but that's not my style. I should try some veggie smoothie.