Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Seratos

If anyone has a chance to come down here, Wow, it´s great. I would have to admit Inicially I was a bit timid (and still am), but things have been working out great. I spent a day in Los Cabos san Lucas hiking around the cliffs trying to get out to Lover´s beach and the Arch del Cabo. For anyone who isn´t a strong swimmer, it wouldn´t be a good idea. Everyone else gets out there by little boats that run back and forth. I rented a mask and was able to do some snorkling there on the tip of the Baja. It was increadible. Fish I have only ever seen in extravagant aquariums were swimming around in schools. Like I said, Amazing. That evening I caught a bus to Todo Santos(Hometown of Hotel California). On the bus however I met a fellow Canadian along with his Mexican friend. They were heading to a surfers beach just before Todo. I got off with them and spent the night under the stars at the beach in Seratos. It was interesting there, we met up with a whole subculture of beach bums who simply live on the beach. One guy has been living there since October. He actually caught a bunch of lobster that day so I had a little feed of Lobster. In the morning I got a few picts then another guy I met from Wales lent me his board and taught me how to surf. I´m no expert, but I can at least catch a wave and stand up on the board in the process. It´s starting to cool off (it was over 25 on the beach), which feels great since I got even more burnt today. Again I forgot my USB drive so I will have to wait till morning to post some picts. Tonight I am in La Paz, which is a lovely city on the Sea of Cortez. Buenos noche.

3 comments:

The Barretts said...

Sounds like you're on quite the adventure! Yum...lobster..remember how you bought "us" some lobster and I ate all of it..whoops..

Take lots of pics and keep on having fun!

We got a huge storm here and everything is cancelled! No surfing for us :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonny! Mom and Dad gave me you're link... nice pics buddy! You're a great photographer, can't wait to see the adventures you have! Say hi to you're new friends, and ride a wave for me... I'm out. Gotta clean my half of the room ;) God bless

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time you are having down there.