Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Rich Coast


I have to say the first time I went to a bank machine to withdraw money here in Costa Rica it really feels strange. This is because the exchange rate is like 450 to 1. This means If I want about $250 CDN I have to withdraw about 100,000 colones. Typing that you want 100,000 dollars at the bank machine really feels strange. I had to do the math in my head a few times to make sure I was not taking out like $5 or even worse $5,000. The first town I stopped at in Costa Rica was Playa Tamarindo. I saw a number of people surfing and wanted to try myself, but again for the second day in a row along the coast the waves were so small I really was wondering what the people out there were doing. In the evening the sunset over the beach made up for the lack of surfing. This was a really fun town that is still not too developed, but I have a felling that in a few years that it will be, so take it as advise to visit soon.

7 comments:

shauna marie said...

wow...jonathan...that picture...God created that for you to enjoy...isn't that amazing? I'm so going to use that as my background for my computer at work...wow....I hope you soaked it in....

Noel said...

An amazing photo.. I can't wait for Isael almost time to leave... they say the sunset off mt of olives ia amazing... any way talk to you soon till then

The Book Worm said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

it looks warm there, i'm jealous, have fun jonny

nathan said...

wow... thats a beautiful picture... I hope you stayed on the beach there for a while to enjoy it!!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan....you are certainly seeing some beautiful parts of God's creation!! Sounds like you are enjoying your travels - sleeping on beds, or outside? Weather sounds to have cooperated as well - is it always real hot there?? Take care and God's speed. Love, Aunt Ethel

Jon Barrett said...

I must have spent a couple hours walking down the beach then later in the evening just chilling close to the town on some of the rocks on the beach. It was a very nice relaxing evening. The weather has been great. I have only really had 1 good downpour in Cancun in that I got soaked. Other than that it has been fairly warm with the odd cooler evening (thankfully). (Ethel, as of late I have been sleeping mainly in Hotels/Hostels).