Thursday, March 09, 2006

An Eventful Day


This was the site of our first campsite (hammock site). With white (possibly a hint of pink) sand beaches and across a small lagoon to a few beautiful waterfalls that were well worth exploring. This is the dugout canoe (boat) that our group took up river to Salto Angel. This was the only spot we had to walk around on our way up. The rest of the rapids we somehow made it up in the boat without swamping, amazingly. However we did get soaked (including my camera) so this was the second last picture my camera was able to take until it dried out on my way back to Caracas. So I was unable to get any picts of angel falls myself, but the people I went with said they would send me theirs (once I get some I will post a couple). You don´t know how disappointed I was about my camera not working. I missed at least 20 sweet shots, but I am very thankful that it did dry out and is working again now.

6 comments:

Noel said...

Hey it's me we are both travelers now :) got to run troy turn with the internet.. till then Noel

The Book Worm said...

A hammock? I wish it was summer.

Glad your camera is working again. That would have been devastating. One cannot live without one's camera.

Anonymous said...

WOW Jonny those are some awesome pics and I only wish that the weather was like that here. The falls and everything looks sooo beautiful. Wow, just think of the stories that you will have to come back and tell us!! Can't wait till you come back.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan...those are beautiful pictures - so glad your camera is back in working order again. You certainly continue to see some beautiful country!...and so much of it untouched by tourism and still so clean looking. Travel safely. Love to hear from you. Aunt Ethel

Anonymous said...

the pictures are breath taking. i am so in awe that you are there in real life. wow. so proud of you. i am so jealous. i want to see those places.
erin bredin

Jon Barrett said...

I hope Gram doesn't mind if I sleep in hammacks along the beach. It's something I would have a hard time to giveup.