Thursday, March 23, 2006

Nazca


Nazca's call to fame is a number of drawings that were done over about 500 sq km in the desert plains by the Nazca tribe many years ago. I have to say when I got dropped of at the Miridor (observation tower) and took a look out to see what I could see I was quite disappointed. I was suppose to be able to see 3 different objects, but I really only saw 1 (look at the picture and venture a guess as to what it is) and a faint outline of another (lizard). I think to truly appreciate them the need to be viewed from an airplane, but after my original disappointment I was not going to invest any more money in this venture. My only other point of interest in Nazca was I ordered a meal of Ceviche which I knew was fish, but found out when my plate of random raw fish arrived that it is that, raw fish. It was not like sushi either. I was hungry, but I only manged to put down about half of the plate.

No comments: