Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sawatskys In Sao Paulo

After an interested day of trying to figure out the going abouts of the Sao Paulo Metro system I finally made it to the station closest to the Sawatskys . When I got off I was greeted by a North American looking mall that I had to pay a quick visit to then took a short taxi ride to meet Cary, Shannon and the family just arriving home (which worked out well since I had only emailed them a couple hours before saying that I was in town - officially I was not suppose to be in town for a day or two).  It is great to be able to visit with them and to see their new surroundings (they work as great Portuguese translators\teachers as well since my only word I know is - Oi - hey). 

8 comments:

The Book Worm said...

Have a good time with the Sawastskys. The falls look beautiful. I love the picture with the yellow flower in the foreground.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan....again, your pictures are beautiful! Those falls are aweinspiring!! How is the bee stings? Hope they are improving. You look thin!!! Take care. Love, Aunt Ethel

shauna marie said...

um, just checkin' on your hands! haha! it's not like you can just walk into a clinic down there! Tell 'em all i say hi! Take a rest, yo'! :)

barry-eh said...

Jonathan...I've been searching through your blog today and I you've inspired me. I myself was on a long road trip recently...and I thought it would get the wander bug out of me...but I think it just made me want to explore more. Looks like your are getting to see some glorious parts of creation and the astonishing feats of mankind. Keep Christ first in your travels and may His face be upon you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonny, It sounds like your having a pretty amazing time. I hope you enjoy visiting with the Sawastkys, say hi to them if you get the chance. Things here at school are going pretty swell. I'll be back in pei in a few weeks. Best of luck with the rest of your journeys.
Leanne
ps sweet pictures

Jon Barrett said...

All the bee bites have relinquished their swelling. Still a bit itchy, but they were just some bee bites. It was not like I got attacked by a brutal gang of Killer bees who tryed to take me out or anything. A bit of swelling, not too unusual. I have seen much worse while treeplanting. But thanks for those of you who were concerned.

Jon Barrett said...

Oh yeah, I´m off to Rio in a few minutes. This bus terminal I am currently at feels like an airport (in size, niceness and atmosphere) but even more crazy busy than any airport I have been to (I suppose it is a satarday).

Cary Sawatsky said...

Jon was a great guest. Of course, the invitation is open to any of you to come too. I didn't know that you knew Colby and Lisa Holmes, Jon. I went to NBBI with Colby. How are they. Great to hear from you too, Leanne.