Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Transition

  For those who may not realize this I have been back to University now for three weeks.  I have to say I expected the transition from traveling to be a bit challenging, but thankfully it has been going smoothly enough to date.  It's great how the mind after a bit of refreshing can get back most of which was though to be lost.  I have really been enjoying living close to the university.  This morning I timed it to be 150 seconds from my front steps to the side doors of the main engineering building.  Which is great since it has been unbelievably cold many mornings of late.  I live on the main level of a house with my cousin and another guy.  Thankfully they both can cook some capital meals, because my specialty has been hamburger helper (other than the maple glazed salmon I was able to whip up the other week).  Maybe I will stick to washing the dishes.  I do have to say there is no doubt that our place looks like a bachelor pad with blankets for curtains, covers on both of the couches, lots of meat and microwavables in the freezer and needless to say a few dishes lingering around the sink.  If anyone is ever in town or has some time while passing through look me up.

5 comments:

shauna marie said...

"... maple glazed salmon that I was able to whip up...."?!?! you make me laugh, jonathan barrett, you make me laugh.

The Barretts said...

Hey Jonny, glad to hear that you're settling into university life again. That's awesome that you live so close to school.

We'll have to drop by sometime to see the place and bring you some yummy food :)

Jon Barrett said...

A bit of maple syrup and soy sauce mixed with a pinch or two of garlic. let marinade for 30 minutes then bake. Almost as easy as hamburger helper. I will look forward to the food, oh I mean seeing you guys, Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan....sounds like you are also getting an education in cooking? Sure sounds good! Glad to hear you are adjusting so well too. Hey, maybe your sister-in-law can shed some light on your teeth problem? Wisdom teeth can be no fun! Continue to do well - and say hey to Bobbie from us too. Love, Aunt Ethel

Jon Barrett said...

I am slowly learning how to cook more and more. Trying to get a bit more adventurous. We ran out of Hamburger Helper last week so I have had to expand to stirfrys.