Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Car

Well the inevitable has finally happened!  My car decided it wanted a vacation of its own on Saturday night, so as me and a couple friends were about to drive home she wouldn't start.  All three of us there were Mechanical Engineers, but unfortunately we were not able to deduce the issue (plus it was dark and I had no tools with the car). Thankfully I have CAA so I was able to get it towed to a garage so I can let it sit for a couple days till I have some free time to play with it.  I'm hoping I can get it going, but knowing my limited mechanic experience I do have my doubts (especially when it comes to putting the parts back together).  Thankfully my car was able to hold out till spring so it's actually now lovely to walk about.

6 comments:

The Barretts said...

oh oh...could this be the end/!?!?

Jon Barrett said...

I hope not! Despite knowing that day will come soon enough. I don't think the current difficulty is that serious of an issue (other than the car not starting). Dad (Bob)and I fixed the most likely cause of the problem today, however it still would not start. (I am hoping it is just flooded now).

shauna marie said...

i'm sorry, I just can't help but laugh! i wish i was there for the moment you realized your car was dead! I would have loved to have seen your face, lol!! :)

barry-eh said...

I found blogging a good bye letter to my car therapeutic.

Jon Barrett said...

I don't think I was exactly laughing when it wouldn't start, Shauna. Thankfully I got it going again now and it was just a minor fix. So as for now I will be able to put off my good bye letter for a future date.

shauna marie said...

i wouldn't have thought you would be laughing, jonathan. :( you actually tend to react to things somewhat seriously... but come on... wasn't there SOMETHING humourous about SOMETHING?