Thursday, August 01, 2013

Bangladesh Candy

The various packaged sweet and treats here in Bangladesh can be interesting. Very few homes have ovens so anything baked such as cake, cookies, muffins, crackers, etc are common packaged treats. Bengalis especially seem to like these little packaged muffin singles with this wee little bit of custard in the centre (below).
(Packaged Muffin - 10 cents)
(Hard Candy - 1 cent)

("Fresh Chicken Sticks" with a package of ketchup included inside for dipping - 13 cents)

Ever want a Coca-Cola corn puff bar (I like that they have the Pepsi symbol with Coca-Cola written in the middle and all over the front).  It is very common to see a few brands mixed together on one product. I have been deceived a few times buying something that I quickly find out after the fact is not actually legit.
(Gimme a Break, Gimme a Break, Break me off a piece of that Nic-Nac Bar)

(Looks just like the Cadbury Dairy Milk [50 cents] - But just have a taste.... [Elson - 20 cents])

One treat that I especially enjoy is the Cornellos or Carnival Cones (Ice Cream Drumsticks), especially on a hot day [45 cents].

The problem with all these wrapped treats is that there is litter everywhere as there is no real garbage collection system or awareness of littering.

(The canteen on the campus where I buy many of my treats)



Jon

No comments: