Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Girls Soccer - New Jerseys


When I was home in PEI this summer, the soccer team I've played with for several years (Winsloe Senior Women's - Globe) graciously let me join for 5 weeks of summer league.  I heard the club had an excess of some relatively new jerseys they didn't need/want and my coach Grant helped me fill my car after a game.  Jon and I carried several sets (over 100 jerseys) back to Bangladesh.

I have been holding weekly sports classes (with a focus on soccer) for the junior and senior girls over the past couple years.  We may have a language barrier but we have fun and the girls have been improving and enjoying practicing their skills.  I handed over the jerseys at a school picnic for a photo op with some of the girls.  The kids are just starting a new year of classes after exams and holidays.  I'm looking forward to meeting again this month.

Some of the MCH high school girls class 6,7, and 8

Putting on their Game Face

MCH high school girls class 9-10


MCH high school principal and senior boys folding a set of royal blues (they are hoping to share these ones).

Holly



No comments: