Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Lets go Digital

Ever since the major price reduction of digital cameras and prints I would have to say they are a much better camera for any amateur or even semi-professional photographer. To get that great shot sometimes several pictures are needed and for the amateur such as myself on a 35mm I find it hard to take a shot of the same thing 4 times to get that perfect pict. I know for myself in 2003 when I was hiking Grose Morne National Park in NFLD we only had 4 rolls of film so had to be conservative, but there were so many amazing shots it was hard to resist taking the shots at the first to save a few picts for later along the trail. A digital camera could have fixed that problem. My camera (3.2MP) right now at best quality can take 350 picts or so on a 512mb card. In all reality that 350 picts could be more like 700 picts and only keep the best ones and delete the ones that don't turn out as desired. I know for my next trip traveling the US it was a huge advantage to have my digital camera were I did take almost 400 pictures (not all on best quality). In all reality I would have taken almost 1000 picts but many were not a good angle or otherwise so I deleted. All I have to say is Lets go Digital.
Jon

No comments: