Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Big Monkey

People seriously, what's up?  I have read a number of good reviews about King Kong so I decided, OK, I'll give it a go.  It is 3 hours and 9 minutes long!!  If it was cut down to about 110 minutes then I would have really enjoyed it.  On the Island there was too much effort in trying to show off the CG (computer generated) effects along with some scenes that were drawn out way too long.  It could have been such a great movie.  Instead it passes as an enjoyable flick and I will leave it at that.

6 comments:

The Barretts said...

I have no interest in watching this movie. On another note, I did watch the Chronicles of Narnia and really enjoyed that.

Bev said...

Have to agree with Sarah and Jamin... Narnia was A-mazing! Should should definately see that one, Jon.
I can't believe you sat through a whole movie with no fast foward botton within reach!... and a 3 hour one at that!!!
King Kong looks great to me... not sure if I'll get to see it though.

nathan said...

Seriously... you actually went to a movie?????.... a 3 hour one..... and sat through it???? I am having a hard enough time getting over that... good for you :)
As for the movie.... I thought that everything in the movie was enjoyable and exciting enough that I had no problem forgiving the running time... It could just be me...
but seriously.. you went to a movie

Jon Barrett said...

I did make it through it. Despite looking at my watch every 5 minutes hoping it was almost over. I agree the effects were great. I have my doubts that I will see Narnia, but one never knows.

Anonymous said...

I agree Jon. But I think your estimation of it being an enjoyable movie was a bit generous. Like you say 110 min would have been good. I would like it even better if it was 60 mins though.

Anonymous said...

hey Jonathan with all your free time your should see Narnia. it can be a time filler before the books.. ;) but like me your could just wait and rent it, till then :)