Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Coast


A few of the statues that line the coastal walks of Mazatlan.
Puerto Vallarta in the evening hours. It was a bustling town. For some reason beyond my imagination everyone walks along this extremely crowed walkway along the coast when they could simply jump down and walk along the beautiful beach basically all alone (well at least 30 feet from the crowded walkway) .
Zihuatanejo was a great town. Much more laid back and take it easy compared to the other cities I had visited. Before I left I was able to take a boat ride across the harbour to a "secluded beach" were I was able to go snorkeling. When I got there I thought of my brother Ben since there is this old, now basically washed away, wall that was build by some king back in the day to keep out the sharks. (for the uninformed Ben does not like sharks very much)
Acapulco (population 2 million) was another fast paced city. However this time it was from locals not gringos so it was a different fast pace. I could see how back in the day while it was still a fishing town that it would have been amazing, but now the slums climb the hills in the background.
The famous cliff jumpers of Acapulco were crazy. They jumped from a 35 - 40 meter cliff after they climb it. Not only that, they jump into a small area that the waves are crashing back and forth with great force. I sure wouldn't jump it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

jonny,
i am the first to comment on this. how beautiful there. i am so jealous. are you having so much fun or what? be careful, o.k. i love my little brother so much. you are such a traveler. i like telling my class all your stories and adventures. they call you Mrs. Shira's "crazy" brother. don't worry i think jamin and benj are as crazy as you:). bobby and i are praying for you.
shira

Bev said...

Wow, wow, wow!

The Book Worm said...

Beautiful pictures Jonny. If I had money, I think I'd know what I'd be doing for reading week.

shauna marie said...

oh jonathan. oooooooohhhhhhh man. that's all I can say. soak it up man. don't go to sooo many places that you can't soak it in.

The Barretts said...

Awesome pics, Jonny! It's neat to be able to follow you on your adventures! :) We miss you here though...have you met any Christians or checked out any churches yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan....those are beautiful pictures - so nice to see some of your memories! I need to get a map and get a better idea of where you have been. Continue to be safe....and God's speed. aunt Ethel

Rachel said...

You're quite the photographer, Cuz! I hope you're staying safe down there! I'm so jealous that you're travelling around in such beautiful weather! Bring some of that sunshine my way! Love you, and can't wait to see where you're travels take you next!

Anonymous said...

Jon, Most excellent adventure. Keep safe & stay away from that weird food it can mess your system up! Looks great where you r to see GODS handi work.Take care praying 4 u!David