Friday, February 03, 2006

Copper Canyon

The Copper Canyon is simply amazing. I can easily see why it is such
a popular attraction for so many tourists. The Chepe train goes
through the canyon with over 7 hours of breath taking views. During
the course of the track there are 87 tunnels and 37 bridges. This
trainride should be on everyones todo list.
On the long ferry ride from La Paz I met a Brit (he has been traveling
for 2 years now) who I have been traveling with for the past couple
days. We stayed in Los Mochis then caught the train to Creel (where
we are now). Today we rented some bikes and toured around a few areas
of interest here. When I get to a better internet site I will try to
upload a few pictures, but for now you have to trust me that this is a
beautiful area.

4 comments:

Noel said...

from the photo's I have seen it looks to be a wonderful place... :)

[http://www.calnative.com/photos/c_album.htm]

keep on having lots of fun till then

The Book Worm said...

Can't wait to see pics. Sounds like your having a good time.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I went onto the site for the Copper trail and it does look like it was a great place to see - if you don't mind the high places! ha! Glad to hear you are finding people to connect with and do things together. I sure enjoy reading about your travels! Stay safe. love, Aunt Ethel

Jon Barrett said...

Pict hopefully should be comming soon. Once I can get my USB key to work properly at a fast internet site.