Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cozumel


Heading south again I made my way to Playa del Carman. It is said that this town is the fastest growing city in the Americas. For me it seemed like a mini Cancun so I quickly jumped on a boat for Cozumel to try to get some world famous snorkeling in. In Cozumel lodging was expensive so I opted to rent a scooter and head for the east coast of the Island to find a secluded camping spot. Well that is exactly what I found. I was expecting to find a couple camping grounds, but everything on the east coast of the Island was destroyed so I parked the scooter in the bushes and slept on the beach. It was an incredible evening going to sleep with the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and a full moon to glisten across the water. In the morning I woke to a beautiful sunrise that got my on my way for the day. I was able to find a couple good places to snorkel, but unfortunately a few others places that I wanted to snorkel at were closed due to storm damage (the parks were closed). The Coral and the fish were really interesting in the areas that I saw.

2 comments:

The Barretts said...

Jonny, that is a cute picture of you :)

Bev said...

Haha... Jonny, you're incredible!!!