Monday, February 27, 2006

Month One

I honestly did not know what to expect coming into this little trip that I am currently on. One month ago as I was flying from Halifax to LA my stomach was in a knot and I was having a mild panic attack thinking what in the world have I got myself into. Now a month and one day into my travels I have settled into the zone and God truly has made my travels an extremely enjoyable and rewarding experience. I have been able to do and see so many more things than I thought possible at the very quick pace that I have been traveling at. To date I have only felt ill once (5 nights ago) and was able to go right to bed and woke up feeling great. I still don't know what to expect as I will be moving into South America in the next few days, but I know that I am excited. I'm ready for the Andies. I ask and thank you all for your prayers.

5 comments:

The Book Worm said...

Its been great following your travels. I'm sure God is too. He's definetly given you many wonderful opportunities, not to mention great kodak moments. Your on my prayer list and I'm sure your in many other peoples prayers as well.
Keep up the updates and pics!

shauna marie said...

well, jonny b....I'd definitely have to say that I was almost in shock when we were walking downtown and I said, "I'm so excited for you..." and you said, "I'm not so sure anymore, I'm almost beginning to agree with the others now"...or something to that effect, anyways. I knew that God would guide you...even thru the littlest things. I'm sure that life will be different for you "back home" after this experience. And I hope that it is. Maybe your dream about being in a place like that, engineering and sharing God isn't as far off as you think...or maybe this is you fulfilling that dream...

The Barretts said...

You got it, bro. We are happy to pray for you as you travel.

Bev said...

Wow, Jon. Hard to believe that you have those thoughts flying through your head from time to time... nice to know you're human like the rest of us! Know the 'knots in the stomach' feeling quite well.
Be safe, rest in God, and have the time of your life... oh, nevermind, you're doing that already!
Will you go to Colombia? (be really safe) Check out Ecuador for me... we should plan a mission trip there, wouldn't that be awesome?! Man, just to walk on the streets of Quito, where it all began, wow!
Take care friend! Come home soon, we miss you!... and we want to see the rest of your pics and hear all the stories!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us. Your pictures and write-ups are great! You are doing what most can only dream of. We are praying for your health and safety as you travel. Take care and know that you are not travelling alone. (Sarah's parents)