Friday, April 14, 2006

Torres del Paine


Torres del Paine National Park in Chile is an incredibly beautiful area. I could spend weeks in places like this just enjoying the scenery and trekking around. Unfortunately I only had a couple days in the area so talking to other travelers who were fresh of the trail I was trying to find a few of the best places to visit during my short time in the park. However with every person I talked to they told me I had to visit Valle Frances, but that I could not miss Mirrador los Torres. On looking at the map I was like yikes to view both places it would be over 55 Km and I only had from 1:00 Thursday when the boat drops you off till 2:00 Friday when the bus picks the trekkers up off the trail. Thankfully somehow I was able to make it to both amazingly incredible spots (It did take many hours hiking in the dark with my lamp last night and again this morning with a thankfully bright full moon -- as can be seen from the last picture -- taken while I was laying in awe in my sleeping bag).

5 comments:

The Barretts said...

Hiking in the dark with your lamp!? Only you...

Hope you have a Happy Easter away!

Love,
Jamin, Sarah & Nay-Nay

The Book Worm said...

Beautiful night picture. With the stars. . .wow. . .

Colby and Lesa Holmes said...

Hi Jonathan we look at your blog, it looks great the places you have seen thanks for all you help in getting things ready on my blog, we are all doing fine, those pictures you are taken are great, well more later, you dont have to many days left, God bless, love the Holmes

shauna marie said...

um, wow, jonathan. really, that's amazing. I love it when God gives us moments that we can just be in awe of Him. Amazing pics, jonathan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

What a beautiful place. God is amazing; and you fit rith in wearing that aardvark fur:-) Just kidding. See you home soon.