Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fin del Mundo

I had a great day yesterday hiking around the Ushuaia area. Overnight there was a light dusting of snow which made for some wonderful pre-dawn hiking in the fresh powder. As the sun rose (not till after 8) I was high enough in the hills to look out over the town below with the snow all a sparkle and the trees all in their fall colours. The glacier I was hiking to was not huge, but the area was beautiful with a great panorama of the beagle channel. In the afternoon I made it out to the National Park in the area for some more incredible hiking.

9 comments:

The Book Worm said...

It looks like fall there. Beautiful pictures.

Noel said...

It does look like fall, great looking tuque you have on their...

Bev said...

The end of the world looks lovely, and barren, and cold, etc. Good talking to you last night!

shauna marie said...

whoa! You shaved!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

What animal are you wearing?

Troy Barton said...

Hi Jonathan,

Did you knit thet hat and sweater on your travels

Troy

shauna marie said...

oh my Troy. Jon and his knitting.... totally forgot about that! That's right ladies of the world: our Jonathan knits!

Jon Barrett said...

Needless to say it is fall here (and very brisk) and yes I did break down and shave. I am wearing a hand strung and knit wool sweater from Peru which was a great purchase. I would like to say I knit it myself, but unfortunately security at the airport confiscated my croquet needles. Yes, world I can croquet and I am not too embarrassed about that since it has come in handy a number of times over the past few years.

The Barretts said...

Nice pics...looking forward to seeing you soon!