Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thailand

After my initial shock of Bangkok (I'm not a big city fan) I have been trying to take the road a bit less traveled (at least I am trying to stay out of the big city centers). This has taken me to Khoa Yai National Park for a couple days of trekking, then on to Sukhathai to explore some ancient ruins and now to Pai in the far Northwest of Thailand where I will be starting a two day whitewater rafting trip in the morning. It currently doesn't seem like I can upload photos, but I will keep trying.

6 comments:

Jon Barrett said...

A few Thailand photos-- click Jon's Web Albums under Links on the right of the main page.

shauna marie said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!! INSAAAAAAAANITY!! I have NEVER seen you with THAT much expression, lol. hopefully, you have insurance ;)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great. I love the one with the millipied(have no idea how to spell that) crawling on you. It made me laugh. .. out loud. .. thankfully no one is around to think that I am crazy or something for laughing to myself. . . .

Anyways. I hope you stay safe and have fun. Keep the pictures coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon....such beautiful pictures from Hawaii!! You Mom says you don't plan to blog quite as much as your southern trip, but I can say that I sure enjoy them! Travel safe and do write when you can. Love, Aunt Ethel

Greg, Alisha & family said...

absoutly awesome pictures. okay so the bugs really aren't my thing but love the pictures. I love that picture of you jumping in the river so nice!

Jon Barrett said...

Yeah for some reason my guide seemed to like the critters so I got to play with lots of them. Now just to be able to eat them is the next step.