Friday, December 22, 2006

Around The World

On my flight back to North America flying from Zurich to New York City we passed over PEI at which time I had come to realize that I had made a full circuit of the globe on this journey.  I thought that was kind of neet (not something I get to do everyday and not something I thought I would be doing this trip).  I do much rather westward travel so I am very glad how it worked out for me to make it back in this fashion (the whole jet leg time zone thing treats me better heading west).  So after 13 hours of flights from Moscow to Zurich to NYC I got to kick back and relax in the city for the afternoon and evening.  I can't say I did anything super special.  Visited Time Sq of course then Rockefeller Centre to see the big Christmas tree.  I tried to find Gimbles, but was unable to do so unfortunately.  Then went back to the hostel in Brooklyn to spend the night and catch up on some sleep (had to wake up at 3:00 am to catch my flight plus 9 more time zones crossed).  I arrived in Nashville late morning yesterday (Wednesday) where my parents picked me up and I am now back at Shira and Bobby's new place in Knoxville. To rap it up - It has been a great trip - Sad it is over - But glad to be "home".  Merry Christmas to one and all.

4 comments:

The Barretts said...

Merry Christmas, bro and welcome "home"! Now what will you blog about!? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing another great adventure with us. We have appreciated the pictures and stories... again.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jon! You've inspired me. Someday I will do some traveling like you have. Thanks for sharing your journey. Have a blessed Christmastime. To Him be praise!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back in this end of the world again, Jonathan! And to hear that you were pleased with all you were able to see around another part of the world. Good to talk to you Mom and the excitement in her voice that you were with them again - I can well understand. I hope you guys do enjoy your Christmas with Shira and Bobbie and you have a safe trip home- and that transition back into college life! Take care - and we will miss your blog. As one friend has said already, you will have to find something exciting to write about again soon! Love to you all, Aunt Ethel