Saturday, February 17, 2007

Google Search


Have you ever tried to Google your name? I know for most people, such as myself, our names are so common there pops up millions of possible pages and we have to add extra search terms to be able to find pages related to ourselves. However, I did a search the other day for my name Jonathan Barrett and surprisingly enough this blog came up on the top of the list. I have since done it again a couple times out of interest's sake and found out that it is typically in the top couple spots of search for Jonathan Barrett (or "Jonathan Barrett") and top of the second page results for Jon Barrett (or "Jon Barrett"). I have to say I liked it better in the past when I had to modify my search with "Jonathan Barrett" PEI (or various other related terms) to get found on google. It limited some of the extremely random page clicks.

3 comments:

The Barretts said...

I googled you as well and your blog did come up #1...wow. Then I tried my name and didn't see my blog anywhere...

You are so popular...:)

Greg, Alisha & family said...

I guess you are popular. We are too our blog is # 1 as well but our name is not so common!

Jon Barrett said...

Unfortunately it isn't exactly ranked by my popularity - or lack thereof. My name seems to just appear frequently in my blog postings (maybe Jon Barrett talks in the third person a bit too often). Sarah, I am surprised that your blog does not google.