Monday, February 12, 2007

One year ago today


I find it interesting looking back at what I was up to a year ago as I was traveling. About this time I was exploring one of my favorite areas of Mexico (the Yucatan, especially around Tulum and Isle de Mujeres). More precisely to the day I had rented a scooter and was motoring around Cozumel. I found out that the place I wanted to stay at (along with everything else up and down the Caribbean coast of Cozumel) was destroyed by the hurricanes so I decided to just sleep on the beach. Needless to say I was glad I had a few things in my pack to make a couple burritos (tortias, re-fried beans, rice and hot sauce - since my lack of supplies on the beaches of the Baja I tried to keep a few staple foods with me). The photo shown is the Caribbean sunrise I woke up to which was incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. Happy Valentine's Day! Love mom and dad

Jon Barrett said...

Thanks, Mom