Friday, March 13, 2009

Kenya

After a few days kicking it back on the Sinai, Holly and I have now moved on to Nairobi, Kenya. Tomorrow morning we head off on a four day Safari to Masai Mara game reserve and Nakuru National Park. This one safari may have to be the extent of our organized safari adventures as they are dreadfully expensive. Reportedly they are even more expensive in Tanzania so we are going for it now while we can. On a sad note for myself I broke my camera back in Dahab so we are relying exclusively on Holly's camera for the moment (I do have extended warranty, but that does not do me much good here). So hopefully we will have some great wildlife shots to upload when we arrive back on Tuesday (although the Internet is slow...)

Jon

4 comments:

Fay Currie said...

Hi Jon & Holly
I have been enjoying your journal so much. You know how much I wish I was with you. This is a trip of a livetime. I can't believe all the places and things you have been doing. I think of you two all the time. Keep safe. Lots of Love. Fay

Jon Barrett said...

Thanks Fay, we are glad you have been following along. We are just scouting it out for your next trip...

Jon Barrett said...

(A side note on the camera situation) Now my camera is gone for good. On my flight from Cairo to Nairobi I left my camera in my checked luggage an an outside zippered pocket... and you guessed it. When I went for it to get my memory card in Nairobi the camera was gone. Thankfully for some reason I actually switched out my memory card back in Cairo and put a small blank card in it. It did get my heart going for about 10 minutes though when I thought I had lost almost all our photos...

AllisonTaylorPhotography said...

Hey Jon,

Wow... thats too bad about your camera. At least you still have Holly's and your card for the other photos. Seems like you have had a pretty amazing time. Bobby and I look at the blog and pictures all the time, and are always amazed at the things you both have seen. What an incredible experience!! I can't wait to hear more!

Alli