Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oblivious

Oblivious, Not aware or informed: ignorant, unacquainted, unaware, unconscious, unenlightened, unfamiliar, uninformed, unknowing, unwitting.  I have to say some parents out there must be absolutely OBLIVIOUS.  Here is why I say this.  A couple days ago I was walking through the parking lot of a local supermarket when I caught a strong "aroma".  I turned to look at where this "aroma" was coming from and there was this 12-14 year old kid smoking some dope in the passenger seat of a car.  As I glanced over the second time I saw that he had a younger sister of 8-10 years old in the back seat.  From what I can deduct one of his parents must have left them for a couple minutes to get some milk or something quickly, so he lit up.  What I can not understand is how in the world would the parent not smell the weed the second they got back into the car, unless they already know or they are completely oblivious.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Well, when I was in high school and kids were too young to buy cigs their parents bought them... so maybe things have got that bad!
My neighbors' mom would let her have huge bush parties because she thought it was safe as long as her daughter was drinking at home!
How that for wacko rationale!!!

P.S. Are you at home now... did you go to the C&C banquet?

Bev said...

JOHNNY!!!!
I have finally posted some pics on my blog! Check them out and enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

I say the parents all ready know and they might even join in till then