Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sharks


The snorkeling tour that I went on in Caye Caulker was really cool. I thought maybe we will see a few fish and a stingray passing by quickly. There were so many fish around the reefs we boated out to. The reef was a colourful one also. Then when we got to shark & ray alley there must have been a dozen sting rays that hung around. I am not sure if I was suppose to, but I grabbed onto the big ones and they would pull me along for a few feet before the had enough of that and shook me off. There were not as many sharks around but we saw three, two of which I was able to swim with and give a little pat on the nose. After spending 3 hours in the water with the fish I headed back for lunch then caught the water taxi to Belize City. In Belize City after a bit of walking here and there I was able to find Malcolm´s parents place. It was great to meet them and I found out a lot more about Malcolm that I did not know before (he is quite the artist for one). They fed me some great food then toured me around the city. I was wonderful to sleep in a real bed in my own room in a quiet place (it has been a long while since I have had that). In the morning they gave me a lift to the bus so I could be off to my next destination. Overall I really enjoyed Belize. It felt like a vacation away from my travels to a great extend. Some day I will have to go back to Belize with Malcolm so I can really explore the country. There is so much to do, but unfortunately for most things you need to go with groups and spend a few days to do it safely.

No comments: