Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Angel Falls

I made my way through Panama then caught a flight to Caracas where I had planned on quickly heading toward the Angel Falls area.  After trying to find my way to the bus station unsuccessfully (found out that it was closed) I got a place to stay for the night in the City.  I have to say I felt fairly safe around Caracas.  The mall I went to felt like any mall that would be in the states (all the same stores and same atmosphere).  In the morning I made my way to the bus station after a bit of confusion again then to Cuidad Bolivar.  The next day from Bolivar I caught a flight in a small Cessna to Canaima were I started my journey to Angel Falls by boat.  The boat ride was amazing in itself up a fast flowing river with many rapids for 6 hours with the large Tepuis (large vertical cliffs to a flat top) found.  Then finally we made it to Angel Falls itself were the group I was with camped for the night.  WOW, it was almost unbelievable.  Just simply incredible.  The water falls over 800 meters before it hits the bottom.  I plan on posting more about this but have to go for the now.

3 comments:

The Book Worm said...

The falls sound pretty cool. Can't wait to see pictures.

shauna marie said...

I'm happy that you finally wrote about a "wow" moment...I was hoping/praying you'd get one of those!

Bev said...

Bolivar City! I used to live on Bolivar Street...
Where are you... Costa Rica? Glad you finally posted, getting concerned about your whereabouts!
Looking forward to pics of the Falls!
Hasta luego, amigo!