Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Buenos Aires

It has been great to spend some time with the Holmes over the past few days. Colby (Mr. Holmes) showed me around Buenos Aires (including the Mac Store) then took me out to eat at a great Argentinian Steak (and various other delicious meats) house yesterday. They made me feel right at home and if I had more time I would have loved to stay for a few more days, but I am off for Iguazu falls. Like I mentioned earlier in a comment it was definitely great to be able to attend their church service as well (even if I only understood a few words here and there) it was great to be in fellowship with a group of believers. I am however still trying to get use to the greetings and farewells they give here in Argentina (The kiss on the cheek). Check out the Holmes new blog we got started last night at www.theholmesargentina.com .

4 comments:

The Book Worm said...

I'm trying to picture you greeting someone by kissing them on the cheek. . .can't do it.

shauna marie said...

yup. ditto sarah's comment jonathan. you're awkward enough hugging hello to people!:) I'd do anything to see you go thru that! (I'm horrible, I know...:)

Jon Barrett said...

I won´t lie It was very awkward the first few times (especially the first time to the travel agent in Peru). I was not sure of the proper etiquette (ie do you just touch cheeks, or are you suppose to actually touch mouth to the cheek and are you suppose to make the kissing noise in the process) I still don´t know the exact etiquette, but I go with the touching cheeks with a faint kissing noise.

The Book Worm said...

ha ha. Oh my. . .thats funny. . .you've made my day Jonny. But I'm with you on the proper etiquette thing, I would have no idea what to do either.