Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tierra del Fuego National Park



Tierra del Fuego National Park has many wonderful hikes (a few of which I was able to venture). As you can see from the pictures the fall colours were out in force (well as much force as the predominant beech tree can give). Another notable thing about the park were the thousands and thousands of rabbits that were introduced by the first settlers to the area. They have taken over the park. If I was a fox I would definitely move there for some easy hunting. The park lies in close proximity to the Chilean boarder so I unofficially made into, however briefly, the final new country of my journey (country number 17). After the full day of hiking (around 35 Km) I was definitely glad to get back to my hostel for a good night of sleep.

No comments: