Saturday, October 28, 2006

Vang Vieng


It looks like I will be moving on from Laos this evening. I was planning on spending the night here in Vientiane, but found out the bus I want to catch to Vietnam only heads out in the evenings so instead of waiting till tomorrow evenging I think I will catch it tonight. The last few days have been very relaxing. Taking it easy in Luang Prabang then moving onto the laid back village of Vang Vieng. Vang Vieng is a wonderful little town sitting on the Nam Song river with a beautiful backdrop of impressive limestone cliffs. I spend a couple days exploring the caves in the area along with tubing down the Nam Song then eating a lot of great food. I'm currently relaxing in Vientiane after exploring the downtown district of the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful, I just love hearing updates of your travels

Anonymous said...

hey jonny,
if you want, you can get me a north face and mail it to me??? size small:)... i know you probablly won't , but i thought i'd throw it in. by the way, we are both terrible children, we forgot to call mom on her birthday. bobby and i were lookingat a house and i was sick, it was planned, but i forgot. i love ya buddy and i am praying for you.
shira <><
Psalm 121