Sunday, November 19, 2006

Singapore

It was fun to explore Singapore today. I started off early trying to get proficient with the Metro and headed for the airport to try to get a flight to Nepal. That however proved to be somewhat unsuccessful (only was able to get a cheap flight to Bangkok for that evening). I went back toward town and stopped off at the Expo which had some good book and food sales on, but even more interesting there was a very large Baptist church that I found. Unfortunately I arrived just as the masses were leaving. It was still good to see (I have not seen too many Protestant churches around). From there I rushed to visit the OM ship the "Doulos". While there I got to visit with Emile (she lived with the Newsons a few years back). However because I had a flight booked for the evening I did not get to spend much time on the ship. I was very surprised at the size of the "Doulos". It is quite the large ship. I had to rush back to the airport and thankfully made it with lots of time (10 minutes before they closed the gate). Here I now am back in Bangkok on Khao San Road trying to make my way to Nepal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats cool that you got to see a familiar face. How busy is some of the places your visiting? Have fun in Nepal.

The Barretts said...

Sounds like you're pretty busy! It would have been nice to be able to go to that church, huh?

Nice that you got to see someone you knew!

We saw Kyler on the weekend...cute little guy! Wish you could have been there too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jonny...remember me?! We were visiting with your fam on the weekend -- so, just wanted to say Hi -- you must be having the time of your life!! I'm jealous!! It will be nice to see you when/if you ever come home for more than a few days!!! Take care, Jonny....

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE SOOOOOOOOOO GOING TO BASE CAMP!! AREN'T YOU? OH MY GOSH! SO PUMPED FOR YOU!! anyways: so, dude: I think I need your help. I'm computer illiterate.. and I lost how to keep my links up on my site... :(

Jon Barrett said...

It was good to see Emile. It had been many years, but I was able to recognize her (her recognizing me was a different story- I will use the excuse of my beard and longer hair). I would have liked to make it to the service, but it was not to be - plus not likely English). Hey Kristi, yes I still remember you. It has not been that long since I have been home.