Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trans-Siberian

It's official. I can happily say that I received both my Russian and Mongolian Visas without any major issues. This means that in the morning I board the T3 train here in Beijing for a 6 day journey through Mongolia then across Siberia till I reach Moscow - The Trans-Mongolian then Trans-Siberian Railway - (just over 127 hours on the train). I'm excited to be moving again after having a wonderful time to really get well acquainted with the booming city of Beijing. Until Moscow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonny, I just wanted to wish you safe travels and can't wait to see you after Christmas to hear all of your exciting stories. Keep safe and have a Merry Christmas!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

um... NO FAIR ya'll get to see him. well, ha, yeah it is fair. don't forget to give us some stories too jonny b, ;)

Anonymous said...

My Dad loves train travel... I hope you find it as enjoyable as he does... praying for you ... can't wait too see you during the Christmas rush... till then Noel

Anonymous said...

Wondering how you managed to have the right clothing for all the weather changes you have experienced!! Safe travels on the train (over 100 hrs!! Yikes!) We all look foward to seeing you after Christmas!! How are all these countries viewing Christ's birth?! (enquiring minds want to know!!) OX Cindy & Bob