Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Soy Milk

I don't know if it is something I will stick with for very long, but I recently (about a month ago) switched to Soy Milk. I always remember Soy Milk tasting awful as a kid. However as I was traveling I believe a good amount (if not all) the milk, especially in Asia, I bought was soy milk despite not knowing it at the time (I couldn't read the labels). It's not like I am now totally against normal cow milk for human consumption. I will still use it without any difficulties, however it would not be my first choice. One big advantage of Soy Milk that I enjoy is that it takes much longer to go bad. No more need for that first bite of cereal in the morning to be precautionary due to the possibility of lumpy, sour milk (which happened a couple times before I switched over this term).

4 comments:

The Barretts said...

I don't think I've ever tried soy milk, but I would like to. Perhaps I should see if Naomi likes it more than she likes cow's milk...

Unknown said...

i shall objectively point out that silk costs twice as much, tastes twice as bad, and spoilage isn't really an issue if you have a fridge. drink milk.

barry-eh said...

Soy is supposed to help fight diabetes as well. I tried a flavored kind and thought it was alright. Not a big fan...but perhaps need to give it more of a chance.

Jon Barrett said...

I think Soy Milk like many things has a bit of an acquired taste to it. That being said don't give up on it on your first try. You may need to test a couple brands before you find the one that best suits your taste preference. I go for the cheap/sale stuff myself (then it only costs a bit more than regular cow milk).